The crisp colorful veggies in this salad make a wonderful complement to grilled meats, chicken, or ribs. I love the combination of soy sauce, rice vinegar and just a touch of sesame oil in the dressing of this salad.
- 1/2 long English cucumber or if available, use crunchy cukes such as Japanese or Persian varieties
- 1 bunch of radishes (about 12-15 radishes)
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
1. Peel carrot.
2. Thinly slice cucumber, radish, and carrot by hand or on a mandolin.
3. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar or lemon juice, and chili paste/powder.
4. Place veggies in bowl, add the dressing and stir to coat.