Goulash (Hungarian Beef Stew)
1. Cut beef in chunks of 1 in x 1 in (2.5 cm x 2.5 cm)
2. Wash peppers, carrots, and parsley.
.3. Cut onion in half-rings. Cut carrot in thin long strips. Finely chop garlic.
4. Cut sweet peppers in thin long strips. Dice hot peppers.
5. Remove tomatoes from can, reserving the liquid. Chop tomatoes. Add back the reserved liquid.
6. Lightly coat a deep frying pan or a pot with cooking oil.
7. Add beef and salt and fry, stirring, until no longer pink.
8. Add enough water to cover beef and simmer on medium heat until all of the water evaporated.
9. Add 2 tablespoon of paprika and to coat the beef.
10. Add garlic, onion, and carrot. Fry, stirring, for 3-5 minutes until onion softens.
11. Add tomatoes, including the reserved liquids from the can. Simmer for 10 minutes.
12. Add peppers, stir to combine and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
13. Turn off the heat and add chopped parsley.
14. (Optional) Serve with a dollop of sour cream on a bed of broad noodles or mashed potatoes.