salt, to taste Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Slice the top off the pumpkin. With a spoon, scoop out the pulp and seeds from the inside of the pumpkin.
3. Brush the inside of the pumpkin “bowl” and “lid” with oil and bake in the oven for 30 min.
4. Cut the beef into 1 in x 1 in cubes (2 x 2 cm).
5. Slice the onions.
6. Chop the canned tomatoes.
7. Drain the liquid from chickpeas (if using).
8. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet or frying pan. Add the beef and cook on medium heat, stirring periodically, until all of the liquid has evaporated and the beef starts to brown.
9. Add the onions and cook until the onion softens, about 3 minutes.
10. Add the curry powder, coriander, chili-garlic sauce or chili powder to the frying pan with beef. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
11. Add the tomatoes and chick peas to the beef mixture and bring to boil. Add just enough water to cover the dish. Reduce the heat and simmer for ~45 minutes.
12. Transfer the beef curry into the bowl of the pumpkin, making sure the pumpkin is not more than 2/3 full. Replace the pumpkin top.
13. Place the pumpkin into a baking pan. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
14. Transfer the curry from the pumpkin “bowl” to a serving dish, scraping the inside of the pumpkin to scoop out the flesh. Or serve the whole pumpkin with the curry still inside.