Grilled Chicken with Cilantro and Cashew Topping
Shown here served with Asian Cucumber and Radish Salad.
1. Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with mallet until it’s 1/4 in. (0.5 cm) thick.
2. Prepare marinade: combine soy sauce, vegetable oil and sesame oil in a small dish.
3. If broiling chicken in the oven: preheat oven broiler to 450°F (230ºC). Place chicken on a baking sheet; brush with marinade, let stand for 5 minutes. Place under the broiler until done, 15-20 minutes.
If grilling chicken: preheat barbecue or grill. Place chicken on a plate, brush with marinade, let stand for 5 minutes. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Prepare the topping: in a food processor, combine cilantro, cashew nuts, and chili paste (if using); process until no large chunks remain.
5. Place topping on top of each chicken piece when serving.