1. Wash potatoes and cut them in half.
2. Place into a large pot, add enough water to cover. Add peppercorns and bay leaves.
3. Boil potatoes until tender, but not falling apart..
4. Finely chop the onion.
5. Wait until the potatoes cooled down and peel the skins off. Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces.
6. Use a frying pan that’s large enough to arrange the potatoes in a single layer. Add enough oil to a frying pan to generously coat the bottom. Generously sprinkle with salt. Add the potatoes and sprinkle some more salt on top.
7. Fry on medium heat without stirring until the potatoes are golden on the bottom. Turn the potatoes over and add the chopped onion. Fry, stirring 2-3 times until potatoes are golden on all sides.
8. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped dill and spring onion. Avoid keeping potatoes in the frying pan to prevent them from getting soggy with oil.